With regards to scientific outreach, noteworthy events in the lab’s activity over the last two years include:
- the participation of lab members in two international thesis examination boards.
- the publication of scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals with impact factor values higher than 20.
- a visit to the lab by Professor Mohammad Alam from Texas A&M University.
- the participation of lab members in the organization of the SPIE Defense + Security conference every year since 2012 (USA).
- our participation in the European project, MartERA INTENDU (Integrated Technologies Longterm Deployment of Robotic Underwater Platforms).
- the submission of a H2020 project called MERCURY (European project that responds to the challenges and threats associated with passenger’s security).
- the organization of two special sessions at the IECON 2019 Annual Conference of the Industrial Electronics Society (IEEE) in Lisbon, Portugal.
- Elhoussin Elbouchikhi became an IEEE Senior Member in February 2019.
- Yassine Amirat was invited to Shanghai Maritime University (SMU), China.